Saturday, November 30, 2013

Prague, Czech Republic

I know I have been very lax in keeping this blog up to date.  At one point I had considered suspending it due to the political situation in the US, but I have come to realize that this is the way things will be in the future and I should just not try to fight it.  It is difficult being an American in Europe as our president has lied to the leaders here about the activities of the NSA.  When I look at the news from the states this is barely mentioned, but here it has been the only news for the last couple of months.  That and the bumbled job the US did on the Affordable Care Act.  But, enough of politics.  There is nothing we can really do but vote and even that right is being attacked under the present administration.

What can I say about Prague?  It was wonderful!  I found the city to be magical.  I know those are a lot of superlatives, but they are true!  This will be a photo heavy post because I want to get the blog up to date.  Unfortunately the weather was quite drab while we were there so the lighting for the photos is not that great.  I have not processed these so they are "right off the card".

View of the Prague Castle


These were quite popular.  Imagine doughnut dough grilled over charcoal.  Tasty!


The main square in Prague


At night the church was illuminated.


Hey!  I thought absinthe was illegal!!


Changing of the guard at Prague Castle


The church at Prague Castle


This post really does not do Prague justice.  Let's just say it is a fascinating city and I hope to return there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment