Thursday, August 22, 2013

Waiting For My Ship to Come In

After arriving at my hotel in Bellmawr, NJ the wait for the ship began.  The ship is currently in port at Charleston, SC and should depart today for Philadelphia.  I should be able to board Sunday morning.  There is nothing I can do but wait.

My hotel in Bellmawr, NJ

The hotel is not near as nice as it was presented on the Internet.  But it is much cheaper than staying in Philadelphia proper.  That is a fact I appreciate since I have had to add a couple of nights to my intended stay.

South Black Horse Pike in Bellmawr, NJ

 The area is not really that nice.  The area is typical new construction.  There is a major street that has a couple of places to eat, a Wendy's, pizza joint, Chinese take-away and a Mexican tienda.  There is really nothing here to see, but taking a taxi back to Philadelphia is not an option for me.

The strip mall where some small restaurants are located

 So I wait.  I have spent the time watch news on television (I am probably the best informed person in New Jersey), reading and writing.  What else can I do?

My work area in the hotel
 I will make a brief post on Saturday just to confirm that I really will board the ship on Sunday.  After that I will be totally off the grid until I arrive in Hamburg.  No cell phone, email, Face Book, etc.  I'm actually looking forward to it as long as I can get moving!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment